- WHY CREATE A POWERSCHOOL PARENT ACCOUNT
- INFORMATION NEEDED TO CONNECT TO A STUDENT
- HOW TO CREATE A POWERSCHOOL PARENT ACCOUNT
- HOW TO ADD ANOTHER CHILD TO AN EXISTING PARENT ACCOUNT
- CHECKING YOUR CHILD'S MEAL AND FEE BALANCES
- MEAL BALANCE PAYMENTS USING THE MY SCHOOL BUCKS SYSTEM
- POWERSCHOOL QUESTIONS OR PASSWORD RESETS
- POWERSCHOOL MOBILE APPS
Once a student is entered into the PowerSchool SIS (Student Information System), each parent/guardian for that student is welcome to create a Powerschool public portal account.
Parent accounts can be used to check a student's attendance and meal balance.
For students in grades 6-12, grades progress can also be viewed.
A parent needs two numbers for each student that will be connected to that parent's PowerSchool account.
The "access id" is the child's 5-digit Powerschool number, which can be obtained from the school's main office.
The "access password" is the child's birthdate in MMDDYYYYformat. Leading zeros for January-September birth dates must be included.
- Go to https://region18.powerschool.com/public
- Click on the Create Account button:
3. On the top portion of this page, fill in your parent/guardian first name, last name, email address, desired username and password:
4. On the bottom portion of this page, for each student you have that information for, enter the Student Name, Access ID and Access Password. If you do not have the access id or access password for the student for whom you are a parent/guardian, please email Tammy Noyes
5. Use the relationship pull-down menu to choose your relationship to the student listed on that line (you are the father, mother, etc...)
6. Click on the Enter button.
If you made a parent account previously, and need to add another student to that account:
- Log into your parent account
- Click on Account Preferences in the left-hand column
- Select the Students tab in the right-hand pane
- Click on the Add button and enter the student name, access id and access password
- Use the Relationship pull-down menu to choose your relationship to the student
- Click on the Enter button
- You will now have buttons to choose from at the top of the portal window for each child you'd like to access info about
- Log into the Powerschool portal
- Click on the Balance button in the left hand menu.
Your child’s Meal Transactions Balance will be at the top of the page. This balance is number synced from the cafeteria system Mosaic (launched on March 13, 2019). A positive meal balance means that the student has credit against which he/she can charge. A negative meal balance means that the student owes money to the school district.
If you scroll down the page, meal transactions are shown from the beginning of the 2018-19 school year through March 12, 2019. Meal purchases made after that date can be viewed within the MySchoolBucks.com system, which is tied to the Mosaic cafeteria system.
Below the list of old meal transactions is your child’s Fee Transactions Balance. Please note that a positive fee balance means that your child owes money to the school district. Fees are charged for Drivers’ Education tuition, for lost books and athletic uniforms, etc…
Note that at the start of each school year, all students with negative meal balances have those reset to $0.00. For those students, any monies owed to the cafeteria are transferred to the Fees area where they are named “SOY Balance.” The abbreviation “SOY” stands for “Start Of Year.”
1. Log into the PowerSchool portal.
2. Click on the “MySchoolBucks” button in the left hand menu.
3. If your child/children have any unpaid invoices, you can click on the “Add All Invoices To Basket” button.
4. Next click on the “View Cart/Checkout” button.
5. Choose your payment method and check out.
MySchoolBucks convenience charge options for meal payments include:
$2.49 per transaction, or
$12.95 per year for one child, or
$26.95 per year for family.
The yearly fee for one child or for a family is good for one year, from the time it is first paid.
MySchoolBucks convenience charges for payments of school fees are 3.95%.
To add a child to your MySchoolBucks account, go to Meal Accounts and click on the “+Add a Student” button.
On that page you can also set up “AutoPay” on a recurring basis, or for when a student’s balance falls below a certain amount.
You can review cafeteria purchases made since March 13, 2019 under Meal Accounts>Cafeteria Meal History. Cafeteria purchases made earlier in the school year are listed in PowerSchool itself, on the Balance page.
The PowerSchool mobile app allows access to most of the content in the PowerSchool public portal:
Apple iOS app
To configure, enter XMLP as the District Code
Note: within the mobile app, a student's schedule for an upcoming term will not be visible until the first day of that term. However, the schedule is visible in the Powerschool portal if you are using an Internet browser on a smartphone or computer.