Parents of students in grades 6-12 are welcome to create their own Canvas parents accounts. Have your child log into Canvas and create a "pairing code", record it, then create your own parent account here.
If you have more than one child in grades 6-12, have each child generate his/her own pairing code so that you can connect them all to the one parent account that you created previously.
Please note that the login pages for students and parents differ, and are listed separately in the Quick Links menu on the District website.
website for more information or to apply.
Visit the website of the District Math Coach, Mrs Pasiuk
Other Helpful Websites
- BedTime Math - offers parents and children a daily math problem to solve. Families sign up by email to receive the daily math real life challenge. Each daily challenge offers multiple entry points for children of different ages.
- Greg Tang Math - games, animated books and downloadable materials
- Harcourt Math Glossary - interactive glossary arranged by grade level.
- Math Dictonary for Kids - animated, interactive glossary for students that explains math concepts in simple terms.
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives - arranged by grade level - demonstrates the concrete teaching tools that are used in the classroom.
- Kidport - designed to help K-8 students; provides a multi-step program to encourage students to learn.
- Fact Monster - homework center for mathematics; a basic explanation for most major math concepts.
- Saskatoon Public Schools' Math Resources - provides resources for parents and activities and games for kids.
to reserve a time for a parent-teacher conference
Guide to Scheduling Parent Teacher Conferences (PDF)
Information about this benefit is available at Microsoft's Office In Education site, as well as in our Office/Office 365 pages for students.
to access the PowerSchool portal login page, which can also be reached from the Quick Links menu on this website.
Directions for creating a parent account for the PowerSchool portal, for linking additional students to an existing parent account, and for installing mobile apps for PowerSchool are available on the PowerSchool /RevTrak page on this website.
Our school cafeteria staff use PowerSchool to manage meal purchases. Parents can check on their children's balances by logging into the PowerSchool portal using their parent accounts.
Parents are able to make payments for meals and school fees by sending checks to school made out to "Regional School District 18", or online, using the
fee management system.
Visit our PowerSchool and Revtrak page for information about these services.
School lunch menus can be reached under Quick Links on this website.
Regional School District #18 is committed to protecting the privacy of our students' data.
The District complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). In addition, our staff is working with the companies from which we purchase educational technology services to ensure that they comply with Connecticut's student data privacy statutes.
For more information about this legislation, please follow these links:
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA)
- Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA)
- Connecticut Public Act No. 16-189, An Act Concerning Student Data Privacy
- Connecticut Public Act No. 17-200, An Act Making Revisions To The Student Data Privacy Act Of 2016
For a listing of the educational technology services that fall under the scope of PA 16-189, please visit our Educational Technology Contracts page.