The Lyme-Old Lyme Schools and Scholar Search Associates are presenting an Educational Forum for Families on Sunday, March 24, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. This is a FREE event open to the public and includes presentations for parents from experts and interactive workshops for students on such topics as public speaking, Zen and the art of relaxation, stop motion animation, exploration in ecology, and thinking in 3D.
To view parent and student sessions, or to sign up to attend the forum, go to Old Lyme Educational Forum for Families (https://www.scholarsearchassoc.com/index.php/events-h-upcoming/events-h-lymeoldlyme-2018) and click on the blue button, “Forum Signup EventBrite.”
For further information, call Patsy Kumekawa at (860) 664-3586, visit https://www.scholarsearchassoc.com/index.php/events-h-upcoming/events-h-lymeoldlyme-2018, or contact Michelle Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once a student is entered into the PowerSchool SIS (Student Information System), each parent/guardian for that student is welcome to create a Powerschool public portal account.
Parent accounts can be used to check a student's attendance and meal balance.
For students in grades 6-12, grades progress can also be viewed.
A parent needs two numbers for each student that will be connected to that parent's PowerSchool account.
The "access id" is the child's 5-digit Powerschool number, which can be obtained from the school's main office.
The "access password" is the child's birthdate in MMDDYYYY format. Leading zeros for January-September birth dates must be included.
- Go to https://region18.powerschool.com/public
- Click on the Create Account button:
- On the top portion of this page, fill in your parent/guardian first name, last name, email address, desired username and password:
- On the bottom portion of this page, for each student you have that information for, enter the Student Name, Access ID and Access Password. If you do not have the access id or access password for the student for whom you are a parent/guardian, please email Tammy Noyes.
- Use the relationship pull-down menu to choose your relationship to the student listed on that line (you are the father, mother, etc...)
- Click on the Enter button.
- Log into your parent account
- Click on Account Preferences in the left-hand column
- Select the Students tab in the right-hand pane
- Click on the Add button and enter the student name, access id and access password
- Use the Relationship pull-down menu to choose your relationship to the student
- Click on the Enter button
- Now, you will have buttons to choose from at the top of the portal window for each child you'd like to access info about
- Log into the Powerschool portal
- Click on the Balance button in the left hand menu:
- Your child's Meal Transactions Balance will be at the top of the page. A positive meal balance means that the student has credit against which he/she can charge. A negative meal balance means that the student owes money to the school district. Please note that this meal balance is updated regularly from the MySchoolBucks system, but not instantaneously. If you log into the MySchoolBucks site, you can see the most up-to-date meal balance information and also, make payments.
- Scroll down the page. Below the meal transactions is your child's Fee Transactions Balance. In contrast to what is true about meal balances, a positive fee balance means that your child owes money to the school district. This could be for lost books, athletic uniforms, etc...
Creating A MySchoolBucks.com Account
1. Go to www.myschoolbucks.com
2. In the "Log In To Your Account" window, click on "Sign Up Today!"
3. Select Connecticut and Regional District 18 Schools
4. Enter your last name, first name, email address and a password you create for your new account
5. Choose and answer two security questions
6. Click on "Create Account"
7. To add students to your account, you need to enter each student's name, date of birth and student id number, which is his/her 5-digit lunch code. If your child does not remember his/her code, there will be a button offered to email the school district a request for his/her code.
Making Payments With A MySchoolBucks.com Account
1. Log into your MySchoolBucks account
2. Pull down the "Meal Accounts" menu and select "Make A Payment"
3. You can use "Pay-As-You-Go" which means you pay a fee each time you make a payment, or "OnePay membership" for e-checks. With "Pay-As-You-Go" the fee is $2.49 per transaction, or you can pay a once-per-year fee for unlimited transactions, which is $12.95 for one child or a maximum of $26.95 per family.
4. You can choose to "Set Up Autopay" where you can select to have a set amount paid when the balance goes below a threshold of your choosing.
5. If you have any difficulty making a payment, support is available from MySchoolBucks Monday-Friday, 7 am - 7 pm, at 1-855-832-5226.
|Android app||iOS app|
Note: within the mobile app, a student's schedule for an upcoming term will not be visible until the first day of that term. However, the schedule is visible in the Powerschool portal if you are using an Internet browser on a smartphone or computer.