INTERESTED IN ATTENDING THE LYME-OLD LYME SCHOOLS...
FILL OUT THIS SHORT FORM AND WE WILL SEND YOU MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR SCHOOLS.
Lyme-Old Lyme Public Schools is a school district that has created an environment that focuses on enabling children of all ages to reach their full potential as scholars, artists and athletes of character. This is made possible by Lyme-Old Lyme's commitment to a value added experience that includes:
- A campus with an enrollment of 1,281 students.
- A low student-teacher ratio that allows for individual attention; average 12 to 15 per class.
- A faculty with an average of 18 years teaching experience in Connecticut and other locations with 97.4% holding a Master's Degree or higher.
- Formal academics with full-day kindergarten, with the foundation for reading, writing, and mathematics being set in the early grades.
- Average SAT scores of Class of 2018: Mathematical Reasoning: 580 / Evidence Based Reading/Writing: 598.
- Fifteen advanced placement courses are offered. Biology, Calculus (AB), Chemistry, Chinese Language, English Literature, European History, French Language, Music Theory, Physics II, Psychology, Spanish Language, Statistics, Studio Art: Drawing, Studio Art: 3-D Design, and U.S. History. Additional AP courses are available through the Virtual High School program.
- Twelve UConn ECE Courses available: Biology, Drawing, English, French Global Culture I, French Grammar and Composition, Fundamentals of Music, Intermediate Chinese II, Intermediate Spanish Composition, Music Appreciation, Physics I & II, Spanish Conversation/Culture, Topics in Advanced Latin, Writing through Literature Seminar.
- Post graduate plans of Class of 2018: College 4-Year: 83.6%; College 2-Year: 8.2%; Employment: .9%; Military: .9%.
- Outstanding athletic program.
- #2 in Advanced Placement scores in Connecticut in 2016.
- #5 in Connecticut in U.S. News and World Report's "Best High Schools" in 2015.
- #8 in Connecticut in Newsweek's "Top High Schools" in 2016.
- Award-winning art, music and robotics programs.
- Exceptional world language program including Latin and Chinese.
- Newly renovated facilities.
- 80% participation rate in athletics.
- Class "S" State Girls Soccer Champions 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.
- 35+ clubs and organizations.