INTERESTED IN ATTENDING THE LYME-OLD LYME SCHOOLS...
FILL OUT THIS SHORT FORM AND WE WILL SEND YOU MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR SCHOOLS.
Lyme-Old Lyme Public Schools is a school district that has created an environment that focuses on enabling children of all ages to reach their full potential as scholars, artists and athletes of character. This is made possible by Lyme-Old Lyme's commitment to a value added experience that includes:
- A campus with an enrollment of 1,285 students.
- A low student-teacher ratio that allows for individual attention; average 12 to 15 per class.
- A faculty with an average of 18 years teaching experience in Connecticut and other locations with 97.4% holding a Master's Degree or higher.
- Universal preschool for all 4-year-olds.
- Formal academics with the foundation for reading, writing, and mathematics being set in the early grades.
- Average SAT scores of Class of 2022: Mathematical Reasoning: 584 / Evidence Based Reading/Writing: 568.
- Seventeen advanced placement courses are offered. Biology, Calculus (AB), Chemistry, Chinese Language, Computer Science, English Literature, European History, French Language, Music Theory, Physics II, Psychology, Spanish Language, Statistics, Studio Art: Drawing, 2-D Design, 3-D Design, and U.S. History. Additional AP courses are available through the Virtual High School program.
- Thirteen UConn ECE Courses available: Biology, Intermediate Chinese II, Drawing, English, French Language and Composition, French Global Culture, Topics in Advanced Latin, Fundamentals of Music, Music Appreciation, Physics I & II, Spanish Conversation/Culture, and Spanish Intermediate Composition.
- Post graduate plans of Class of 2022: College 4-Year: 82.3%; College 2-Year: 1.6%; Employment: 4%; Military: 1.6%; Gap Year 1.6%; Vo/Tech Training: 1.6%.
- Co-curricular opportunities at LOLHS include: drama, music and a wide variety of special interest clubs such as Amnesty International, DECA, Osprey Newspaper, High School Bowl, Mock Trial, Robotics, Students Leaders and WLYM, totaling 38 clubs.
- Outstanding athletic program: LOLHS offers a full interscholastic athletic program with 14 teams for boys (including cooperative teams for ice hockey and football) and 15 teams for girls (including cooperative teams in swimming, field hockey, ice hockey and cheerleading).
- Girls Soccer State Champions 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.
- Girls Tennis State Champions 2021, 2022.
- 80% participation rate in athletics.
- #2 in Advanced Placement scores in Connecticut in 2016.
- #5 in Connecticut in U.S. News and World Report's "Best High Schools" in 2015.
- #8 in Connecticut in Newsweek's "Top High Schools" in 2016.
- Award-winning art, music and robotics programs.
- Exceptional world language program including Latin and Chinese.
- Installation of turf field on main campus in 2021.